Attacking Throw-in - Drill 3
No.11 has the ball for throw-in.
No.3 moves out to create space.
No. 7 drops into the space and plays a first time ball into the space behind him.
No. 11's timing of his run is important (stay on-side). Nos. 8, 9 and 10's runs are just as important - don't go too early.
When no.11 is about to cross, that is the trigger to run into the box. The quality of no.11's cross is important.
Nos. 6 and 7 stay on the edge of the box to react to secondary chances.
1. Quality of throw
2. Timing of run from no.3
3. Timing of run from no.7 and quality of pass behind him
4. Timing of run from no.11
5. Movement of nos. 8, 9 and 10 i.e. crossovers, peeling off, front post, back post
6. Timing of runs from nos. 8, 9 and 10
7. No.11 looks up - quality of cross. Hit 'second' six yard box (between goalkeeper and defence)
8. Quality of finish - shot on target - header on target
9. Remaining players react to secondary chances - rebounds - goalkeeper saves