Change selection?              Site Search (FreeFind) 

RG 9-1011       Dunstable     1861 Census

(Sub district of  LUTON  RD)

Description of Enumeration Districts.


ED 8                 Folios 4a-22a                 859 persons

All that part of the Parish of Dunstable, comprising the North Side of West Street, the Western side of the Turnpike Road from the Nags Head to the corner of Union Street, Windfield Street & Albion Road


ED 9                 Folios 26a-43a               795 persons

All that part of the Parish of Dunstable, comprising the Eastern side of the Turnpike Road from the Red Lion Inn to the Gashouse, the Southern side of Union Street, Mount Street and Edward Street.


ED 10                Folios 47a-67a              858 persons

All that part of the Parish of Dunstable, comprising the whole of Church Street.....Luton Road....Church Green.....Church Passage.....Middle Row and Ashton Street.


ED 11                Folios 71a-74b              195 persons

The whole of the Parish of Whipsnade.....the House at the Brick Kiln near Kensworth.....the Cottages in Deadmonsey Wood and the Cottages at the Dean near Sir Thomas Sebrights


ED 12                Folios 78a-82b              245 persons

All that part of the Parish of Studham lying in the County of Bedford.


ED 13                Folios 86a-90b              219 persons

All that part of the Parish of Studham lying in the County of Hertford


ED 14               Folios 94a-98Ab, 98Ba-102b             418 persons

All that part of the Parish of Studham known as the Hamlet of Humbershoe in the County of Bedford from Plucket Lane to the Farm of Mr Robertson.


ED 15               Folios 106a-113a               321 persons

All that part of the Parish of Kensworth lying on the South side of the Road from the House nearest Whipsnade to Dines House and along the Western side of the Turnpike Road to the Half Moon Public House.....Hopkins Cottages in the fields.....Mortons Cottages in the Fields, and the Cottages on the Downs called California.


ED 16              Folios 117a-129b                604 persons

All that part of the Parish of Kensworth lying on the North side of the Road from the Isle of Wight Farm to the Lynch including Church End.


December 04, 2004               END          cc070107

New selection.          Top of this page

Front page.