Change selection ?

NEW PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
 

SURREY  1841  CENSUS
HO 107-1045

This Census Piece overlaps several Supt Registrar's Districts 
and Registrar's Districts.   Details are shown below
at the head of each Enumeration Book.


             Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Description of Enumeration Districts.
Extracted from Census page images on  CD.


BOOK 1 ...........  HO 107-1045-01
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 16          Folios 4-8      pages 1-10       233  persons

Parish of ALFOLD.

The north-eastern  part of the Parish of ALFOLD  comprising all that part situate on the north east side of the Turnpike Road leading from Guildford to Loxwood.


ED 17          Folios 15-20       pages 1-12       286  persons

The South Western   part of the Parish of ALFOLD   comprises all that part situate on the South West side of the Turnpike Road leading from Guildford to Loxwood.


BOOK 2 ...........  HO 107-1045-02
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 18           Folios 4-14       pages 1-19      456 persons

Parish of Bramley (part of)

The Eastern..[blot]...District? of the Parish of BRAMLEY. Comprises the village and all that part situate on the Eastern side of the Bridle Road leading from Hurst Hill to Palmers Cross


ED 19       Folios 19-29     pages 1-21      514 persons

Parish of Bramley (part of)

The Western District of the Parish of BRAMLEY  comprises all that part situate between the Bridle Road leading from Hurst Hill to Palmers Cross and the Parishes of Hascombe Godolming and Sholford.


BOOK 3 ...........  HO 107-1045-03
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 13       Folios 4-8        pages 1-9        216 persons

Parish of Dunsfold (part of)

The North Western district of the Parish of DUNSFOLD comprises all that part situate on the North West side of the Turnpike Road leading from Guildford to Petworth.


ED 14       Folios 14-19      pages 1-10       228 persons

Parish of Dunsfold (part of)

The South West district of the Parish of DUNSFOLD  comprises all that part situate on the South West side of the Road leading from Guildford to Plastois.(?)


ED 15       Folios 25-29       pages 1-9        225 persons

Parish of Dunsfold (part of)

The Eastern district of the Parish of DUNSFOLD  comprises all that part situate on the East side of the Turnpike Road leading from Bramley to Plostow


BOOK 4 ...........  HO 107-1045-04
Supt Registrar's District :-    HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Witley

ED 7       Folios  3-10        pages  1-14         335  persons

The whole Parish of HASCOMBE.


BOOK 5 ...........  HO 107-1045-05
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 7            Folios  3-7        pages  1-8        193  persons

Parish of ST MARTHA    


BOOK 6 ...........  HO 107-1045-06
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 8           Folios  4-13       pages  1-19        451  persons

Parish of Shalford

The  south west part of the Parish of SHALFORD  situate between the Parishes of Bramley and St Martha and  the Road  leading from St Martha  to Godalming Peas Marsh.


ED 9           Folios  19-29      pages  1-23       545  persons

Parish of Shalford

The Eastern part of SHALFORD  comprises all that part situate between the Road leading from St Marthas to Godolming Peas Marsh and the Town of Guildford.


BOOK 7 ...........  HO 107-1045-07
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 10           Folios  4-13      pages  1-18       412  persons

Parish of Wonersh (part of)

The  North district of the Parish of WONERSH  Comprises all that part situate between the Mill Stream running from Albury to Bramley and the Parish of Shalford


ED 11           Folios  19-30      pages  1-22       538  persons

Parish of Wonersh (part of)

The South West district of WONERSH  comprises all that part situate between the Mill stream running from Albury to Bramley and the Brook running from Albury  to Run Common by the Brick Kiln.


ED 12           Folios  36-41      pages  1-11       263  persons

Parish of Wonersh (part of)

The  South Eastern part of WONERSH  comprises all that part situate between the Brook running from Albury to Run Common and the Parishes of Albury Cranley and Dunsfold


BOOK 8 ...........  HO 107-1045-08
Supt Registrar's District :-   GUILDFORD
Registrar's District :-    Albury

ED 5           Folios  4-19         pages  1-31       763  persons

Albury (part of)

ALBURY North District  comprises all that part of the Parish  known by the different names of .. Scotland .. Newlands Corner .. Albury Ponds...Watery Lane ..Albury Village .. Albury Park ..Albury Heath ..- Little London - a Brook


ED 6           Folios  25-31         pages  1-13       316  persons

Albury (part of)

ALBURY South District  comprises all that  part of the Parish  known by the different names of  Blackheath Green Lane - Pit House .. Madge Hole  to Smithwood Common - Winterfold - Hartwood to Harley Green ..Bridge farm an isolated part of the Parish surrounded by the Parish of Cranley

The whole of the Parish is bounded
on the North by the Parishes of Clandon and Merrow -
on the South by Cranley
on the East by Shere ..
on the West by Wonersh & Chilworth


BOOK 9 ...........  HO 107-1045-09
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 3           Folios  4-11         pages  1-7  &  9-14       282  persons

Cranley  (part of)

The  Southern district of CRANLEY   comprises all that part situate between the Turnpike Road leading from Cranley to Horsham and the Lane leading from Cranley to Bucks Green.


ED 4           Folios  17-28         pages  1-22      518  persons

Cranley  (part of)

The Northern district of CRANLEY  comprises all that part situate between the Turnpike Road leading from Wanersh to Horsham and the North side of the Road leading from Cranley to Shere.


ED 5           Folios  33-38         pages  1-11       237  persons

Cranley  (part of)

The  Eastern district  comprises all that  part of CRANLEY  situate between the Road leading from Cranley to Shere and the Turnpike Road leading from Cranley to Horsham.


ED 6           Folios  44-49         pages  1-13       320  persons

Cranley  (part of)

The Western district  comprises all that  part of  CRANLEY  situate on the south side of the Turnpike Road leading from Wonersh to Horsham and the west side of the Lane leading from Cranley to Bucks Green.


BOOK 10 ..........  HO 107-1045-10
Supt Registrar's District :-   HAMBLEDON
Registrar's District :-    Cranley

ED 1           Folios  4-13         pages  1-21       530  persons

Ewhurst (part of)

The Southern district  comprises all that  part of EWHURST  situate on the South side of the Road leading from Cranley to Ackley.


ED 2           Folios  20-28         pages  1-17       412  persons

Ewhurst (part of)

The  Northern district comprises all that part of  EWHURST  situate on the North side  of the Road leading from Cranley to Ackley.


BOOK 11 ..........  HO 107-1045-11
Supt Registrar's District :-   GUILDFORD
Registrar's District :-    Albury

ED 7           Folios  4-18         pages  1-30       738  persons

Shere (part of)

Shere Eastern District  comprises all that  part of the Parish of SHERE
known by the names of   Cole Kitchen .. Gumshall .. Sutton .. Pitland Street ..Telda .. Pislake Hoe .. Hazle Hall .. Burying Place.  Lane End .. Jessops Lee to Burrows Cross - Gravel Pits .. Tower Hill.


ED 8           Folios  24-36         pages  1-25       609  persons

Shere (part of)

Shere Western District  comprises all that  part of the Parish  known by the names of Gumshall Lane - Netley Hollister  the village of SHERE .. Cotteralls ..Hound House ..thence to the Hartwood, Lockhurst Hatch Ditton Ponds Farm across Shere Heath through Albury Park up Dak Lane into Shere meadow to the Garden House of Henry Drummonds  Eqre and to Harriss Lodge.   Also an isolated part of the Parish called Bloody Hedge situate in Guildford Lanr - Surrounded by the Parish of Albury.
The whole of the Parish is bounded
on the North by East Horsley, West Horsley ,East Clandon
South by Ewhurst
East by Abinger
West by Albury


                                                                    END

New selection.          Top of this page

Home page.