Change selection?
HERTFORDSHIRE   1891   CENSUS
RG 12-1113       Welwyn

(Sub District of   HATFIELD RD)

Description of Enumeration Districts

Extracted from Census page images.

ED 1      Welwyn     EcD: Welwyn    St Mary     (Folios 4-22)

All that part of the Parish of Welwyn lying east of the great north road leading to Stevenage comprising the eastern side of Woolmer Green also Mardley Bury, Welches, Harmer Green, Welwyn Station, the eastern side of Brickwall, Digswell hill, Welwyn hill and part of Welwyn Village.

The whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.


ED 2      Welwyn     EcD: Welwyn         (Folios  26-32)

Boundary:- Part of the Civil Parish of Welwyn lying West of the Great North Road leading to Hitchin.

Contents:- Comprising the Western side of Digswell Hill also White Hill, The Frythe, Frythe Cottages, School Lane, Hobbs Hill, Gravel Pits, Pulmer, Water Lane, Mill Cottage, the Western side of the Codicote Road, part of Welwyn Village, the Schools, and Welwyn Hill.

The whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.


ED 3       Welwyn     EcD: Welwyn         (Folios 36-40)

All that part of the Parish of Welwyn lying between the the North Road leading to Stevenage and the North Road leading to Hitchin comprising the Gun Farm, Gun Lodge, the Western Side of Woolmer Green, Rabley Heath, Potters Heath, Danesbury House, Garden House, Both Lodges and the Part of Welwyn Village lying between the Two Said Roads Including the Eastern Side of Codicote Road.

The Whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.


ED 4    Digswell   EcD: Digswell  St John the Evangelist  

Folios 44-47)


The whole of the Parish of Digswell comprising the Rectory, Digswell House, Digswell Lodge, the Junction, Black Fan, Digswell Water, part of Harmer Green, part of Burnham Green, Cowper Arms, Dick Bakers Grove and Lockleys Warren, the whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.

(Including? a?) Detached pt of the Civil Parish of Digswell nearby surrounded by the Civil Par of Welwyn.


ED 5     Ayott St Lawrence      EcD: Ayott St Lawrence         (Folios 51-53)

The whole of the Parish of Ayott St Lawrence, Comprising the Rectory, the Mansion and Gardens, the Lodge, also the Lodge at Codicott Bottom, Ivorys Farm and the Village.

The whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.


ED 6     Ayott St Peter     EcD: Ayott St Peter         (Folios 57-60)

The whole of the Parish of Ayott St Peter, comprising the Rectory, the Bury, the Schools, Wrights Farm, Thispers? Houses, the Station, Ayott Green, Little Ayott Green and Brocket Lodge, East and Houses in the Meadow and Cottages on the London Road.

The whole in the Parliamentary Division of Hitchin.


RG 12-1113       Welwyn


06 August 2004               END             cc070107

New selection.          Top of this page

Home page.