Change selection?

HERTFORDSHIRE   1851   CENSUS

HO 107-1712

Supt Registrars District:   HATFIELD and WELWYN

Registrars Districts:   HATFIELD Union (1 & 2)

Description of Enumeration Districts

Extracted from Census page images.


Registrars District :     Hatfield Union 1

ED 1      Essendon        Folios 4-23         739  persons

The whole of the Parish of Essendon   (including Essendon Mill, Essendon Bury Farm, Bedwell Park, Essendon Village, Essendon Place, Bedwell Lodge Farm, Cucumber Hall, part of Wild Hill and of Camfield Place, Kyles Green and West End)


ED 2      Northaw        Folios 24-41       545  persons

The whole of the Parish of Northaw  (including Northaw Common, Nyn House, Nyn Farm, Tunnel(?) Row, Brick Kiln Farm, Ridgeway Farm, Cuffley, Lower Cuffley Farm, Upper Cuffley Farm, Brickwall Farm, Wells Farm, Colesdale, part of Cattle Gate Farm, part of Ironsides Farm, Cattle Gate Park Farm, Lower Barvin, Upper Barvin, The Hook, Northaw Village, Nyn Lodge, Coopers Lane, and Northaw Place)


ED 3a      North Mimms       Folios 42-63        607  persons

All that part of North Mimms Parish   bounded on the West partly by the Great North Road, partly by a Road running by Little Heath, Reeves, Welham Green and Delsome as far as the Cross Road at Colney Heath Wood, and thence by a Road leading to Roe Green (including  Leggatts, Mimwood, part of Little Heath, Swanley Bar, part of Bell Bar, Brookmans, Foxes, Shimham(?), part of Welham Green, Parsonage Farm, Travellers, Red Hall and the Blue Houses)


ED 3b      North Mimms       Folios 64-81      521  persons

All that part of North Mimms Parish   bounded on the East partly by the Great North Road, partly by a Road running by Little Heath, Reeves, Welham Green and Delsome as far as the Cross Road at Colney Heath Wood, and thence by a Road leading to Roe Green  (including Goulds Farm, Little Heath Farm, Boultons Farm, Reeves Farm, Hawkshead, Water End, Potterills, part of Welham Green, North Mimms Park, Tollgate Farm, Colney Heath Farm and Roe Green)


ED 4a      Hatfield           Folios 82-94           341   persons

All that part of Hatfield Parish   bounded on the East by the Great North Road as far as the junction of that Road with Back Street, thence, on a part of the North by the original North boundary of George Field and the Tan Yard, as far as the Great Northern Railway; on the remainder of the East by the said Railway as far as the St Albans Road; and thence; on the remaining part of the North by the said Road (including part of Bell Bar and Faulkner's Farm, the Rookery, Lower Woodside; Millwards Park, the Rectory, Down Farm, part of Roe Green, the Dog Kennel, Goldings, Malting Cottage and Puttocks Oak)


ED 4b      Hatfield           Folios 95-114       619  persons

All that part of Hatfield Parish   bounded on the West  by the Great North Road as far as the Salisbury Arms Inn and thence by the Premises and Fence of Hatfield Park to the Hertford Road, and Northward by the said Road (including part of Bell Bar, of Woodside, of Wild Hill, of Camfield Place, Wood Hill, Warren Wood, Tyler's Causeway, Ponsbourn, Tolmers, Newgate Street, New Park, Cold Harbour and Barbers Lodge Farms, Kentish Lane Farm, Woodside Place, Hatfield House, with the Lodges and Offices, Cecil Mill, and Holwell)


ED 4c     Hatfield           Folios 115-151       1310  persons

The Town of Hatfield;  Comprising all the Houses bounded on the West by the Great Northern railway, on the North by the St Albans and Hertford Roads, on the East by Hatfield Park and Premises, and on the South by George Field (not including the Lodge and the Offices of Hatfield Park, but including the Railway Station and Gate House, the Churchyard, Back Street, Providence Court, Fore Street, Arm & Sword Yard, Halls Yard and Park Street with the Alleys)


ED  4d      Hatfield           Folios 152-180         1029  persons

All that part of Hatfield Parish  Northward of the St Albans Road and Westward of the Great North Road  (including New Town, Riddles, Astwick, Birshwood, and Symonds Hyde Farms, Gosmore, part of Stanborough, Lemsford Mill, Cromerhyde, Robart's Farm, Cromer Hyde Farm, and Brocket Hall.)


ED 4e     Hatfield           Folios 181-199         563  persons    

All that part of Hatfield Parish  Northward of the Hertford Road and Eastward of the Great North Road (including the Red Lion, Mount Pleasant, Bush Hall, Mill Green, Holwell Wood, Holwell Hyde, Ludwick Hyde, Pear Tree Farm, Woodhall Wood, Woodhall Lodge, Woodhall Farm, part of Stanborough, Handside, Dognall Green, and part of Brickwall)


Registrars District :     Hatfield Union 2

ED 1      Digswell           Folios 200-215        239  persons

The whole of the Parish of Digswell.


ED 2a      Welwyn           Folios 216-228       279  persons

All that  part of the Parish of Welwyn  lying to the North thereof, situate between and bounded by the Great North Road and the Hitchin Road


ED 2b      Welwyn           Folios 229-264       1278  persons

All that  part of the Parish of Welwyn  lying East, South and West thereof  bounded by the Great North Road and the Hitchin Road, comprising part of the Town of Welwyn,  the Eastern side of Woolmer Green - Harmer Green - Burnham Green -Digswell Water - Digswell Hill - White Hill - Welwyn Hill - the Frythe - the Gravel Pits - the Rectory - and the Western side of Codicote Road.-


ED 3     Ayott St Peter     Folios 265-275       282  persons  

The whole of the Parish of  Ayott St Peter.


ED 4     Ayott St Lawrence     Folios 276-284       147  persons

The whole of the Parish of  Ayott St Lawrence.


Lots of Local History at:

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=43587

Sunday, May 21, 2006               END

New selection.          Top of this page

Home page.