The Handley Page HALIFAX
Originally built in the early 1900s, Driffield can be found just wet of the town of Driffield, along side the A163 road. As can be expected, it was used by many different Sqns and aircraft until WW2, the first Hlaifaxes arriving in 1943.
September 1943 - May 1945 --- 466 Sqn, RAAF
August 1944 - December 1944 --- 462 Sqn, RAAF
Many of the original buildings still remain, including the hangers and are in very good condition as the airfield is still in constant use by the Services.