The Handley Page HALIFAX
Riccall was situated east of Selby and just at the side of the A163, the technical buildings, accomodation, etc. lay to the south of the road, whilst the runways and hangers, (5940ft, 4620ft and 4290ft), were to the north.
1942 - October 1942 --- 76 CF and 78 CF
October 1942 --- 10 CF and 102 CF
The above Units formed 1658 HCU in October 1942. The first Halifaxes to be used at Riccall were received by the HCU in September 1944, which was disbanded 7 months later in April 1945 and the airfield was not used again. At the present time, many of the technical buildings still remain, used by the local farm for storage, and can be clearly seen from the main road.. The hangers and runways have long since gone.