Having had a few days break I've now begun the reapir of the rear of the van and the finishing off of the bathroom...
Again using a 'paper' template I cut a piece of wallboard to fit the area stripped as well as cutting strips to be used to patch the Roof Panelling areas. I then fixed the roof panelling strips back into place using the staple gun and some grab adhesive.
I then applied the PVA glue I'd used to bond the wallboard onto the other sections of the caravan to fit the rear section. Again applying pressure using my Awning poles to help bond the board to the polystyrene.
The next job - to refit the rear cupboard - a little tricky but after a bit of jiggling the cupboard fits back into place and I then guide the unit back into it's original place used the screw holes where it had previously been fitted.
I then cut some Plywood for the bottom of the cupboard as I had carried out the original repair using a piece of wallboard I found had been used here previously.
Then for the Join trims to be fitted.... and the cupboard door to be put back in its place.
AND THAT'S IT!
A Good Clean up and the van is as good as new! and ready for the New Season in 2006!
I'd like to thank all on www.UKCampsites.co.uk for their help, advice and encouragement in attempting this repair. In particular to those guys who have repaired their vans and posted various websites up on the internet to give others a point of reference for their own projects. I couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you!