The best way to find out MapMan's features is to download a copy and try it. It's free!
Just to whet your appetite, MapMan offers the features listed below (amongst others).
Note that some features may require a one off licence payment should you wish to continue
using them beyond the 30 day free trial period. See
Licence Terms for more information.
- Sketch out maps on screen, optionally using jpeg images of maps, or aerial photographs,
as a guide. Map images can be downloaded from the internet or scanned in from paper maps.
WARNING: copyright subsists in almost all maps and photographs, be they on paper
or downloaded from the internet. It is the userís responsibility to be aware of copyright
issues and the user is ultimately responsible for any breaches of copyright.
- Use Automapit to automatically
interpret lines and regions from the colours of you background image.
- Paper (or other) maps can be scanned in sections and stitched together in the software.
- Place Waypoints on your map, or create routes, using your mouse.
- Transfer Waypoints, Routes and Tracks between your computer and your GPS
using published Garmin interfaces (no additional software required).
- Create full digital maps containing landmarks, points of interest, lines and regions.
Generate digital map files (cGPSMapper product required) which can be opened using
Garminís standard mapping software and then uploaded to your GPS. Upload digital maps
directly to your GPS (SendMap product required).
- Combine objects from small and large scale maps into a single map.
- Print maps
MapMan may, from time to time, provide the ability to capture map images from specific
Please use any such map capture features responsibly by conforming to the terms and conditions
of the web site from which you are loading maps. That way we can hopefully avoid upsetting
any web site administrators and thereby manage to keep these features in the product.