The Maulds Meaburn local?
(Now a community owned pub - July 2011)
The pub is named after the Duke of Cumberland (1721 - 1765), a bit
of a local hero. He got his nickname following his relentless pursuit of the Jacobite army after their defeat at Culloden in 1746. His coat of arms can be found on one of the pub's outside walls.
Investors have enabled the pub to be bought by the community in a similar fashion to the Crown at Hesket Newmarket (one of their beers in the bar).
There is a revamped beer garden to the rear.Real Ales and excellent food.
The new tenants are Andy & Michelle (Sep 2014). They have changed the pubs opening times and the menu
Tel. No. : 01931 715 202
Photo shows the reopening on the 27th. August 2011
Support this local venture