For any enquires regarding the Twyman surname, please feel free to contact me.
Feel free to add the study on our Facebook page.
Welcome to my website dealing with my One-Name Study into the Twyman surname. Detailed herein will be details of varying lines of Twymans I've researched from all over the world - from the UK, to the United States, to Canada, to New Zealand, to Australia, and beyond. Herein you'll also find indexes to original documents, and much much more.
Please find above, also, a link to this site's web-forum to allow all to discuss information pertinent to the Twyman families. Please drop in and join and discuss anything from the Twymans, to family history in general, to all those random little things.
11-Jun-13: I've uploaded an update to the passenger list section of the site, to add entries from the following collections:
- UK Incoming Passenger Lists: 1878 - 1960
- New South Wales (Australia) Unassisted Immigrant Passenger Lists: 1826 - 1922
- Victoria (Australia) Passenger Lists: 1839 - 1923
- Border Crossings From Canada to USA: 1895 - 1954
Further updates to this index will be added in coming days, as soon as I complete transcription of the entries during my lunch breaks.
10-Jun-13: An update has been added to the parish register indices for Kent, to include transcriptions for the parishes of St. Lawrence Hougham & St. Mary the Virgin Dover.
I've also rearranged the indices for those English counties with very few parish register entries, merging the indices into one new single index for those counties. Added to this new index are also entries for parishes in the county of Surrey.
02-Jun-13: Continuing the migration of various sections over to a searchable index, I have moved the passenger lists already on site over to their own new index. In coming days there will be additional updates to this section, to include details from other passengers lists worldwide.
- Further passenger lists, including passengers entering New York and leaving the UK for the US and Canada.
- An index of extracts of articles from the 'London Gazette'.
- Parish register entries for the Kent parishes held in the Canterbury Cathedral Archives.
- Further entries to the military services index: including further details of those who served in the US military.
- An updated index of obituaries and death notices, including additional new entries
- An index of newspaper transcriptions for a number of UK national newspapers, including The Guardian, The Express, and The Scotsman.
- An index of newspaper transcriptions for a number of UK local newspapers.
- An index of newspaper transcriptions for The Toronto Star from Canada.
- Updates to the UK probate index, for the years from 2005 to the present.
- An index of wills as found in the Archdeaconry & Consistory Courts of Canterbury.
- Continued migration of the existing datasets over to the GOONS' archive facility, and expansion (where possible) of said datasets.
Website includes transcriptions of material which is crown copyright. No copyright infringement intended. All other material, unless otherwise noted, is copyright of Simon J. Golding at 'Pro Deo et Rege', 2003-2013.
'Pro Deo et Rege', "The Twyman Family: A One Name Study" and all other associated websites are strictly non-profit. In case of objection please contact Simon J. Golding.