||About the Company
is a small hamlet situated about 3 miles from Sennybridge in Powys, Mid
Limited was formed in early 2001 in order to re-open our local pub the "Shoemakers
Arms" which had been closed and was in a very poor state of repair.
first opened as a Public House in 1865 although the building itself dates
from many years before that (1800?).
was called the "Railway Tavern" and was intended to cater to the
navvies employed in the construction of a railway line from Defynog to Llangammarch.
The company building the railway got into financial difficulties and the
line was abandoned in 1867. It is thought that the Railway Tavern closed
at about that time and certainly before 1871.
re-opened as an "ale and porter" house in 1896 and it remained
as a pub under many different owners until 1997 when the then landlord closed
the pub and applied for planning permission to change the premises to a
strong objections from the local community the planning application was
refused by the County Council in February 1998 and the appeal to the Welsh
Office was also refused later that year.
1999 the landlord re-opened the pub but in January 2000 it was repossessed
by his bank and closed.
was then included in an auction of repossessed properties held in Birmingham
in December 2000 and was purchased on behalf of the community by Mr Howell
Jones of Pentrebach.
Pentrebach Limited, was formed and cash raised to purchase the pub from
Mr Jones and to carry out much needed renovations and improvements. Building
work was finally completed and the pub re-opened on 14th September 2001.
is leased to our tenants Richard and Eileen Ingram who run it as their own