F, #1285, b. 5 October 1862, d. 16 July 1939
Ann Sutherland|b. 5 Oct 1862\nd. 16 Jul 1939|p1285.htm|George Sutherland|b. 29 Sep 1831|p1286.htm|Jane Smith||p1287.htm|George Sutherland|b. 12 Feb 1801|p2902.htm|Margaret Flett|b. 9 Aug 1804|p2904.htm|||||||
Ann Sutherland was born on 5 October 1862 at Sandend, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 She was the daughter of George Sutherland and Jane Smith. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Do" or "Doh". She married John Mair at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 16 July 1888.4,3 As of 16 July 1888, her married name was Ann Mair. She was the informant for, and present at, Jane Mair's death at 261 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 10 June 1913.5,3 The Buckie and District Directory for 1925 shows that Ann Mair lived at 22 Church Street, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.6 Ann died on 16 July 1939 at 22 Church Street, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 76.7,3
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of Ann Sutherland and John Mair
- [S1707] Ann Sutherland, Register of Births in the Parish of Fordyce in the County of Banff, "Ann Sutherland, 1862, October Fifth 7h 0m A.M. at Sandend, Female. Father: George Sutherland, Fisherman. Mother: Jane Sutherland M. S. Smith, married 1861 Oct 16th in Fordyce. Informant: George Sutherland, Father (Present). Registered: 1862, October 6th at Fordyce, George Stephen, Registrar."
- [S1701] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Ann Sutherland, female. Birth: 05 OCT 1862 Fordyce, Banff, Scotland. Father: George Sutherland. Mother: Jane Smith."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S1708] John Mair to Ann Sutherland, Marriage entry, "1888 on the Sixteenth day of July at Portknockie. After Banns according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland. John Mair, Fisherman (Bachelor), age 30, usual residence Portknockie, parents Alexander Mair "Shavie" Fisherman and Georgina Mair M.S. Mair (Deceased). Ann Sutherland, Fishergirl (Spinster), age 24, usual residence Findochty, parents George Sutherland Fisherman and Ann (sic) Sutherland M.S. Smith. Peter Brown Free Ch. Minister. John Sutherland Witness. Alexander Mair Witness. Registered 1888 July 17th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S3291] Jane Mair, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Jane Mair (Single), died 1913, June Tenth 3h 30m A.M. at 261 Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Female, 6½ hours. Father: David Mair "Bobbin", Fisherman, Mother: Jane Mair "Bobbin" M.S. Mair "Shavie". Cause of death: Congenital Debility, as cert. by J. Geddes Pirie M.B.C.M. Informant: Ann Mair, Grandmother (maternal), (Present). Registered: 1913, June 10th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S728] Buckie and District Directory, 1925, page 111: PORTKNOCKIE, CHURCH STREET, "22, Ann Mair, widow; David Mair, John Mair."
- [S1691] Ann Mair née Sutherland, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Ann Mair, (Widow of John Mair, Fisherman), died 1939, July Sixteenth 8h 50m P.M. at 22 Church Street, Portknockie, Female, 76 years. Father: George Sutherland, Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Jane Sutherland M.S. Smith (Deceased). Cause of death: Cerebral Haemorrhage, 7 days, as cert. by D.R. Macaulay M.B. C.h.B. Informant: James Murphy, Friend, 31 Spa Street, Aberdeen (Present). Registered: 1939, July 18th at Portknockie, William Falconer, Registrar."