F, #1486, b. 10 January 1898, d. 24 December 1963
Agnes Smith|b. 10 Jan 1898\nd. 24 Dec 1963|p1486.htm|David Smith||p1583.htm|Mary Flett||p1584.htm||||||||||Ann Crawford||p1348.htm|
Agnes Smith was born on 10 January 1898.1 She was the daughter of David Smith and Mary Flett. She married James Pirie at The Victoria Hotel, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 12 March 1924.2,1 As of 12 March 1924, her married name was Agnes Pirie. Agnes died on 24 December 1963 at City Hospital, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, at age 65.3,4 She was buried after 24 December 1963 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.5,3
- Chart (box): Descendants of George Pirie "Buxer" (b. c1672)
Chart (indented): Descendants of George Pirie "Buxer" (b. c1672)
- [S941] Carolyn Hatt, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Carolyn Hatt of Broadstairs, England.
- [S1087] James Pirie to Agnes Smith, Marriage entry, (Image very faint) "1924, on the Twelfth day of March at The Victoria Hotel, Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven). After Banns. According to the Forms of the Christian Brethren. James Pirie, Fisherman (Bachelor), age 25, usual residence 10 Reidhaven Street, Portknockie, parents David Pirie, Fisherman, Jane Pirie M.S. Steel. Agnes Smith, Fishergirl (Spinster), age 26, usual residence 1 Burnside Street, Findochty, parents David Smith, Fisherman, Mary Smith M.S. Flett. Peter Fyvie Bruce, Evangelist, Rose Place, Elgin. Mary Pirie, 10 Reidhaven Street, Portknockie, Witness. Alex. Smith, 6 Burnside St, Findochty, Witness. Registered 1924 March 13th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S969] Agnes Pirie née Smith, Gravestone inscription data, "NM147036, Agnes Pirie (née Smith), c. 1898 to 24 DEC 1963. Date of Birth : c. 1898. Spouse's Name : James Pirie. Headstone Ref : H102. Date of Death : 24 DEC 1963."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S970] James Pirie and Agnes Smith, Monumental inscription, “In loving memory of our dear parents JAMES PIRIE died 16th January 1956 aged 56 years and his beloved wife AGNES SMITH died 24th December 1963 aged 65 years. Sadly missed”.