F, #1611, b. 21 November 1806, d. 13 October 1889
Catherine Wood|b. 21 Nov 1806\nd. 13 Oct 1889|p1611.htm|William Wood||p1955.htm|Catherine Mair|b. 19 Dec 1779\nd. 3 May 1863|p1956.htm|||||||John Mair||p4026.htm|Isabella Wood||p4027.htm|
Catherine Wood was born on 21 November 1806.1 She was the daughter of William Wood and Catherine Mair. Catherine Wood was baptized on 23 November 1806 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 Her family was known by the tee-name of "Doo". She married James Mair at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 16 November 1826.2,3 As of 16 November 1826, her married name was Catherine Mair. She was the informant for, and present at, Unknown Anderson's birth at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 7 August 1855.4,5,3 Catherine died on 13 October 1889 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 82.6,3
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "Doo" (b. c1770)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "Doo" (b. c1770)
Children of Catherine Wood and James Mair
- Anne Mair b. 30 Oct 1827
- Catherine Mair+ b. 29 Oct 1828, d. 21 Jun 1882
- Margaret Mair+ b. 23 Feb 1831, d. 15 Apr 1916
- William Mair b. 28 Jun 1833, d. 23 Nov 1857
- Ann Mair+ b. 26 Apr 1836, d. 20 Nov 1922
- James Mair b. 25 Feb 1839, d. 23 Nov 1857
- Alexander Mair b. 11 Jun 1841
- Helen Mair+ b. 5 Sep 1843, d. 30 Apr 1923
- Janet Mair b. 24 Jan 1846, d. 30 Jul 1922
- Elizabeth Mair b. 21 Jun 1848
- Mary Mair b. 23 Aug 1851
- [S1400] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Katharine Wood, female. Birth: 21 NOV 1806. Christening: 23 NOV 1806 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: Wm Wood. Mother: Katharine Mair."
- [S1113] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Mair, male. Spouse: Catherine Wood. Marriage: 16 NOV 1826, Cullen, Banff, Scotland."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S1183] Unknown Anderson, Register of Births in the Parish of Rathven in the County of Banff, "On the information of the Grandmother within 21 days, the Father absent & the Mother unable to attend. Anderson (informant present), Female, 1855 August Seventh, 1h 0m P.M. at Portknockie. Father: William Anderson, Fisherman, 27 years, Portknockie. Married 1855, Seafield Church, 1 child. Mother: Catherine Anderson, Maiden Name Mair, 26 years, Her 1st child, Portknockie. Informant: Cathn. Mair, Grandmother, John Farquhar Witnefs, Bruce Coull Witnefs. Registered: 1855 August 10th at Rathven, Geo. Coull Registrar."
- [S1142] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Anderson, female. Birth: 07 AUG 1855 Rathven, Banff, Scotland. Father: William Anderson. Mother: Catherine Mair."
- [S1440] Catherine Mair née Wood, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Catherine Mair (Widow of James Mair "Shavie" Fisherman), died 1889, October Thirteenth 11h 40m P.M. at Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Female, 80 years (sic). Father: William Wood "Doo" Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Catherine Wood M.S. Mair. Cause of death: General Debility, 1 year, as cert. by S. Clark M.D. Informant: Helen Gardiner, Daughter (Present) 130 Seatown of Cullen. Registered: 1889, October 14th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre, Registrar."