M, #1656, b. 8 December 1826, d. 7 September 1864
William Anderson|b. 8 Dec 1826\nd. 7 Sep 1864|p1656.htm|George Anderson|b. c 1790\nd. 7 Jun 1874|p1658.htm|Jean Mair|b. c 1801\nd. 5 Jul 1874|p1659.htm|||||||||||||
William Anderson was born on 8 December 1826 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 He was the son of George Anderson and Jean Mair. William Anderson was baptized on 13 December 1826 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 He was a fisherman. He married Catherine Mair at Seafield Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 8 February 1855.4,3 He was the informant for, and present at, George Anderson's death at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 28 January 1860.5,3 William died on 7 September 1864 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 37.3
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "Doo" (b. c1770)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "Doo" (b. c1770)
Children of William Anderson and Catherine Mair
- [S2391] William Anderson, OPR Baptism entry, "Anderson 1826, 13 Decr, George Anderson in Portknockie had a child by his wife Jean Mair, Born 8th Instant & Baptized this day named William. Witnefses William Anderson and William Mair both in Portknockie."
- [S1184] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "William Anderson, male. Birth: 08 DEC 1826. Christening: 13 DEC 1826 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: George Anderson. Mother: Jean Mair."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S1139] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "William Anderson, male. Spouse: Cathrine Main (sic). Marriage: 08 FEB 1855, Rathven, Banff, Scotland."
- [S1385] George Anderson, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Anderson George (Single), died 1860, January Twenty-eighth 5h 50m A.M. at Portknockie (Rathven), Male, 9 months, Father: William Anderson Fisherman, Mother: Catherine Anderson Maiden Name Mair, Cause of death: Dentition & its consequences, 2 weeks, as certified by Hugh Sharp, Surgeon who saw deceased January 27, Burial Place: Old Churchyard, Cullen, as certified by James Eddie, Sexton, Informant: William Anderson, Father, Present, Registered: 1860, Jany. 31st at Portknockie, Jas Cumming Registrar."