F, #2010, b. 12 July 1874, d. 2 July 1920
Mary Findlay|b. 12 Jul 1874\nd. 2 Jul 1920|p2010.htm|Henry Findlay||p2012.htm|Ann Slater||p2013.htm|||||||||||||
Mary Findlay was born on 12 July 1874 at Seatown, Portsoy, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 She was the daughter of Henry Findlay and Ann Slater. She married Joseph Mair at Seatown, Portsoy, Banffshire, Scotland, on 15 December 1899.3,2 As of 15 December 1899, her married name was Mary Mair. Mary died on 2 July 1920 at 16 Schoolhendry Street, Portsoy, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 45.2,4,5,6
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of Mary Findlay and Joseph Mair
- [S1454] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Mary Findlay, female. Birth: 12 JUL 1874 Fordyce, Banff, Scotland. Father: Henry Findlay. Mother: Ann Sclater."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S1786] Joseph Mair to Mary Findlay, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of Portsoy in the County of Banff, "1899, on the Fifteenth day of December at Seatown, Portsoy, after Banns according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. Joseph Mair, Fisherman (Bachelor), 25 years, resident at Church Street, Portsoy, Father: William Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Ann Mair M.S. Falconer. Mary Findlay, Domestic Servant (Spinster), 25 years, resident at Seatown, Portsoy, Father: Henry Findlay, Fisherman, Mother: Ann Findlay M.S Slater. A.M. Gibson, Minr of Portsoy. Jessie Mair Witness. Alexander Findlay Witness. Registered: 1899, December 15th at Portsoy, Robert Thom Registrar."
- [S1504] Mary Mair née Findlay, Statutory Register of Deaths in the District of Portsoy in the County of Banff, "See Register of Corrected Entries, Vol. 2, p.23, 10th July 1920. Mary Mair, Married to Joseph Mair, Fisherman. Found Dead 1920 July Second, 9h 30m P.M., at 16 Schoolhendry Street, Portsoy, Female, 45 years. Father: Henry Findlay, Fisherman (deceased), Mother: Ann Findlay M.S. Slater. Cause of death: Hanging. Not Certified. Informant: Andrew M.G. Findlay, Brother, 29 West End, Whitehills, Boyndie, Banff. Registered: 1920, July 5th at Portsoy, Robert How, Registrar."
- [S1506] Mary Mair née Findlay, Register of Corrected Entries for the District of Portsoy in the County of Banff, "The following Report of result of a Precognition has been received touching the death of Mary Mair registered under No 28 in the Register Book of deaths for the year 1920. Mary Findlay or Mair, 45 years, Female. Died between 12.30 P.M. and 9 P.M. on 2nd July 1920, At 16 Schoolhendry Street, Portsoy, Fordyce Parish, Banffshire. Cause of Death: Asphyxia by hanging - Suicidal. As Certified by James Reid M.B C.M., Portsoy. Procurator Fiscal's Office, Banff, 10th July 1920. Certified by James Kisivek?, Procurator Fiscal. At Portsoy, 10th July 1920, Robert How, Registrar."
- [S1468] George Findlay "Toper", Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by George Findlay of Dumfries, Scotland.