William George Findlay
M, #2077, b. 1901, d. 27 October 1960
William George Findlay|b. 1901\nd. 27 Oct 1960|p2077.htm|George Findlay|b. 12 Mar 1864\nd. 23 Mar 1936|p1358.htm|Helen Gardiner Findlay|b. 27 Nov 1864\nd. 23 Nov 1943|p1359.htm|James Findlay||p2068.htm|Catherine Mowat||p2069.htm|William Findlay|b. 12 Dec 1840|p3250.htm|Margaret Mair|b. 16 Nov 1838\nd. 14 Jul 1898|p3251.htm|
William George Findlay was born in 1901 at Seatown, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 He was the son of George Findlay and Helen Gardiner Findlay. His family was known by the tee-name of "Toper". William George Findlay was a fisherman. He was a witness at George Mair and Jessie Ann Mair Findlay's wedding at 35a Union Street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 5 December 1924.2,3,4,5 He married Violet Gardiner. William died on 27 October 1960. He was buried after 27 October 1960 at Cullen Cemetery, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.6
Child of William George Findlay and Violet Gardiner
- Helen Gardiner Findlay b. 30 Apr 1942, d. 2 May 1942
- [S1468] George Findlay "Toper", Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by George Findlay of Dumfries, Scotland.
- [S2051] George Mair to Jessie Ann Findlay, Statutory Register of Marriages, "1924 on the Fifth of December at 35a Union Street, Aberdeen. By Declaration in presence of William George Findlay 165 Seatown Cullen and Davidina Mair 7 New Street Portknockie. George Mair, Fisherman (Bachelor), 24 years, resident at 7 New Street Portknockie, Father: George Mair, Seaman (MS), Mother: Margaret Mair M.S. Mair. Jessie Ann Findlay, Fish worker (Spinster), 21 years, resident at 165 Seatown Cullen, Father: George Findlay, Fisherman, Mother: Helen Gardiner Findlay M.S Findlay. Warrant of Sheriff Substitute of Aberdeen, Kincardine and Banff dated 5th December 1924. Registered: 1924 December 8th at Aberdeen, Alex Benzie Assistant Registrar."
- [S778] Anne Elizabeth Mair, Neil Alexander Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Anne Mair of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S817] Lynda McHardy née Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Lynda McHardy of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S1475] Violet Findlay née Gardiner and Helen Gardiner Findlay William George Findlay, Monumental inscription, "In loving memory of WILLIAM GEORGE FINDLAY (TOPER) fisherman died 27th October 1960 aged 59 years also his beloved wife VIOLET FINDLAY died 11th January 1995 aged 88 years and their infant daughter HELEN GARDINER FINDLAY died 2nd May 1942 aged 3 days."