F, #2591, b. circa 1831, d. 15 August 1924
Helen McBeath|b. c 1831\nd. 15 Aug 1924|p2591.htm|James McBeath||p2590.htm|Ann Findlay||p2595.htm|||||||||||||
Helen McBeath was born circa 1831. She was the daughter of James McBeath and Ann Findlay. She married Arthur Mair at Seafield Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 11 October 1856.1,2 As of 11 October 1856, her married name was Helen Mair. Helen died on 15 August 1924 at 27 Park Street, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.3
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Children of Helen McBeath and Arthur Mair
- Ann Mair+ b. 2 Jan 1857, d. 2 Jan 1906
- John Mair b. 7 Mar 1859
- Helen Mair b. 17 Sep 1860
- Barbara Mair b. 9 Oct 1862, d. 25 Mar 1863
- Georgina Mair+ b. 19 Apr 1864, d. 2 May 1956
- James Mair+ b. 17 Apr 1866, d. 15 Oct 1904
- Arthur Mair b. 30 Apr 1868
- Isabella Mair+ b. 28 Aug 1870
- David Mair+ b. 28 Jun 1872
- John Mair+ b. 3 Jun 1874, d. 29 Apr 1941
- Margaret Mair+ b. 26 Apr 1876
- [S1925] Arthur Mair to Helen McBeath, Marriage entry, "On the Eleventh day of October 1856 at Seafield Church, District of Seafield. Marriage after Banns was solemnized between us according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. Arthur Mair, age 24, residence Portknockie District of Seafield, Fisherman (Bachelor), parents John Mair Fisherman and Ann Mair maiden name Wood. Helen McBeath, Her X Mark, age 24, residence Burgh of Cullen, Domestic Servant (Spinster), parents James McBeath Fisherman and Ann McBeath maiden name (Findley). Jas. Ledingham Minister of Seafield Church. William Mair Witnefs. Mary Bruce Witnefs. The above Marriage was Registered by me at Portknockie, on the 11th day of October, 1856. Alexander Fraser Registrar."
- [S1924] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Arthur Mair, male. Spouse: Helen McBeath. Marriage: 11 OCT 1856, Seafield, Banff, Scotland."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.