Beatrice Grant Mair
F, #3173, b. 24 November 1862, d. 26 January 1936
Beatrice Grant Mair|b. 24 Nov 1862\nd. 26 Jan 1936|p3173.htm|James Mair|b. c 1835\nd. 6 Jan 1918|p3170.htm|Elizabeth Mair|b. 21 Jun 1836|p3171.htm|John Mair||p1971.htm|Catharine Wood||p1972.htm|James Mair||p3854.htm|Elizabeth Grant||p3858.htm|
Beatrice Grant Mair "Johns" was born on 24 November 1862 at Parish of Seafield, Banffshire, Scotland.1 She was the daughter of James Mair and Elizabeth Mair. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Johns". She married William Wood at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 26 September 1884.2,3 As of 26 September 1884, her married name was Beatrice Grant Wood. Beatrice died on 26 January 1936 at 13 Victoria Place, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 73.4,3,5 She was buried after 26 January 1936 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.5
- Chart (box): Descendants of John Mair "Johns" (b. c1805)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Mair "Johns" (b. c1805)
Children of Beatrice Grant Mair and William Wood
- [S2567] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Beatrice Grant Mair, female. Birth: 24 NOV 1862 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: James Mair. Mother: Elizabeth Mair."
- [S3070] William Wood to Beatrice Mair, Marriage entry, "1884 on the Twenty-Sixth day of September at Portknockie. After Banns, According to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland. William Wood, Boat-builder (Journeyman), (Bachelor), age 26, usual residence Portknockie, parents William Wood "Post" Fisherman (Deceased) and Ann Wood M.S. Smith. Beatrice Mair, Fisher-girl (Spinster), age 21, usual residence Portknockie, parents James Mair "Johns" Fisherman and Elizabeth Mair M.S. Mair. Peter Brown, F. Ch. Minister. John Innes Witness. George Mair Witness. Registered 1884 September 29th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3596] Beatrice Wood née Mair, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Beatrice Wood, Married to William Wood, Boat-Carpenter (Retired), died 1936, January Twenty-sixth 7h 30m A.M. at 13 Victoria Place, Portknockie, Female, 73 years. Father: James Mair, Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Elizabeth Mair M.S. Mair (Deceased). Cause of death: Senile Decay, As cert. by Cuthbert A. Cromar M.B Ch.B. Buckie. Informant: James Wood, Son (Present). Registered: 1936, January 27th at Portknockie, William Falconer, Registrar."
- [S3074] Beatrice G Wood née Mair, Gravestone inscription data, "NM200124, Beatrice G Wood (née Mair), c. 1861 to 26 JAN 1936. Date of Birth : c. 1861. Spouse's Name : William Wood. Headstone Ref : H254. Date of Death : 26 JAN 1936."