F, #3271, b. 18 August 1795, d. 16 November 1874
Helen Pirie|b. 18 Aug 1795\nd. 16 Nov 1874|p3271.htm|John Pirie||p2178.htm|Helen Wood||p2179.htm|||||||||||||
Helen Pirie "Skipper" was born on 18 August 1795.1 She was baptized on 19 August 1795 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 She was the daughter of John Pirie and Helen Wood. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Skipper". She married James Mair at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, on 12 December 1815.2 As of 12 December 1815, her married name was Helen Mair. Helen died on 16 November 1874 at Coldhome Street, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 79.3,4,5
- Chart (box): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1770)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1770)
Children of Helen Pirie and James Mair
- Helen Mair b. 2 Nov 1816
- Janet Mair b. 11 Oct 1818
- John Mair b. 30 Apr 1820
- Anne Mair b. 1 Dec 1821
- Margaret Mair b. 1 Jul 1824
- John Mair+ b. 16 Jun 1827, d. 13 Apr 1898
- Mary Mair b. 5 Mar 1830
- Alexander Mair+ b. 11 Dec 1831, d. 17 Jun 1909
- Ann Mair+ b. 27 Mar 1834, d. 16 Mar 1905
- David Mair+ b. 13 Nov 1836, d. 3 Jan 1892
- Charlotte Mair b. 6 May 1839
- [S3007] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Helen Pirie, female. Birth: 18 AUG 1795. Christening: 19 AUG 1795 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: John Pirie. Mother: Helen Wood."
- [S2867] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Mair, male. Spouse: Helen Pirie. Marriage: 12 DEC 1815, Cullen, Banff, Scotland."
- [S3216] Helen Mair née Pirie, Register of Deaths in the District of Banff in the County of Banff, "Helen Mair, Widow of James Mair, Fisherman, died 1874, November Sixteenth 9h 15m P.M. at Coldhome Street, Banff, Female, 80 years. Father: John Pirie, Fisherman (deceased), Mother: Helen Pirie M.S. Wood (deceased). Cause of death: abscess neck, as cert by John Barclay M.D. Informant: David Mair, Son, Present. Registered: 1874, November 17th at Banff, Robert Leask, Registrar."
- [S3214] Linda Milne, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Linda Milne of Gamrie, Scotland.
- [S3224] Christina (sic) Watt, James Mair and Helen Pirie David Mair, Monumental inscription, "MAIR Erected by GEORGE and DAVID MAIR, In loving memory of their parents DAVID MAIR, Fisherman, who died 3rd January 1892 aged 44 (sic) years, and his wife CHRISTINA (sic) WATT who died 9th Novr 1917 aged 65 years.
BLESSED ARE THE DEAD WHICH DIE IN THE LORD. Revelations 14 Chap. 13 Ver.
Also of their brother JAMES, who was lost at sea off Lowestoft, October 1897 aged 23 years, also of their grandmother HELEN PIRIE, who died 15th Novr 1874 aged 81 years."