M, #3295, b. 16 May 1898, d. 11 July 1937
William Mair|b. 16 May 1898\nd. 11 Jul 1937|p3295.htm|William Mair|b. 16 Jul 1871\nd. 10 Aug 1938|p2785.htm|Jessie Ann Strachan|b. 22 May 1875\nd. 19 Oct 1939|p3291.htm|William Mair|b. 27 May 1838\nd. 19 Dec 1883|p2775.htm|Ann Mair|b. 27 Mar 1834\nd. 16 Mar 1905|p2780.htm|James Strachan||p3292.htm|Jane Reid||p3293.htm|
William Mair was born on 16 May 1898 at 190 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1 He was the son of William Mair and Jessie Ann Strachan. His family was known by the tee-name of "Shavie" or "Shavie Watt". William Mair was known as 'Young Billy Watt.2' William Mair was a fisherman and engineman. He married Christina MacKay Lyon at Seafield Arms Hotel, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, on 11 December 1925.3,1 William died on 11 July 1937 at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, at age 39.4,1
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1770)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1770)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S2660] David Mair "Shavie", Neil Alexander Pirie, Telephone conversation with Davie Mair "Shavie", 23 April 2008.
- [S3858] William Mair to Christina MacKay Lyon, Statutory Register of Marriages in the Burgh of Cullen in the County of Banff, "1925, on the Eleventh day of December at Seafield Arms Hotel, Cullen, After Banns, According to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland. William Mair, Fisherman, Bachelor, 27 years, usual residence: 16 High Street, Portknockie, Father: William Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Janet Mair M.S. Strachan. Christina McKay Lyon, Bakers Shop Assistant, Spinster, 27 years, usual residence: 32 North Castle Street, Cullen, Father: George Lyon, Stonecutter (Deceased), Mother: Catherine Lyon M.S Thom. James McIntyre, Minister of Seafield Parish. Jessie Bella Mair, 16 High Street, Portknockie, Witness. Frank Robertson, 2 Seafield Street, Cullen, Witness. Registered: 1925, December 12th at Cullen, John S. Ogilvie Registrar."
- [S3163] William Mair, Statutory Register of Deaths in the Northern District of Aberdeen in the Burgh of Aberdeen, "William Mair, Engineman on Drifter (Married to Christina McKay Lyon), died 1937 July Eleventh, 0h 30m A.M. at Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen. (Us Res: 32 North Castle Street, Cullen), Male, 39 years. Father: William Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Jessie Mair M.S. Strachan. Cause of death: Secondary Haemorrhage after operation for Cervical Adenitis, as Cert by R. A. Smart M.B. Ch.B. Informant: George W Lyon, Brother-in-law, 15 Castle Terrace, Cullen. Registered: 1937, July 12th at Aberdeen, Alexr Munro, Registrar."