M, #3321, b. 5 March 1882, d. 3 January 1959
Joseph Slater|b. 5 Mar 1882\nd. 3 Jan 1959|p3321.htm|William Slater||p3322.htm|Elspet Mair||p3323.htm|||||||||||||
Joseph Slater was born on 5 March 1882 at 191 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of William Slater and Elspet Mair. His family was known by the tee-name of "Duncan". Joseph Slater was a fisherman. He married Helen Mair at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 10 March 1905.2 He was the informant for, and present at, David James Slater's death at 4 Seafield Terrace, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 16 May 1930.3,2,4 Joseph died on 3 January 1959 at Seafield Hospital, Buckie, Moray, Scotland, at age 76.5,2 He was buried after 3 January 1959 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.5
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of Joseph Slater and Helen Mair
- Helen Slater b. 27 Sep 1905
- Elsie Slater+ b. 28 Dec 1906, d. Apr 1977
- Margaret Mair Slater b. 31 Dec 1907, d. 19 Mar 1908
- William George Slater+ b. 23 Feb 1909, d. 20 Jun 1978
- Joseph Slater+ b. 27 Aug 1911, d. 2 Sep 1998
- Catherine Ann Wood Slater b. 12 Jan 1913, d. 6 Aug 1989
- Margaret Alexander Slater b. 14 May 1917, d. Oct 1984
- David James Slater b. c 1919, d. 16 May 1930
- Mary Slater b. 20 Jan 1920, d. 20 Jan 1920
- Thomas Slater b. 20 Jan 1920, d. 20 Jan 1920
- Gladys Mary Slater+ b. 29 Nov 1920, d. 2 Feb 1997
- Alexander John Slater b. 4 Feb 1922
- Ruth Bosworth Slater b. 14 Feb 1923
- Isobel Irene Slater+ b. 24 Jan 1925, d. 18 Feb 2010
- [S3865] Joseph Slater, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Joseph Slater, 1882, March Fifth 2h 0m A.M. at 191 Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Male. Father: William Slater Fisherman. Mother: Elsie Slater M.S. Mair, married 1879 March 28th in Seafield. Informant: William Slater, His X Mark, Father, James McIntyre Registrar Witness. Registered: 1882, March 23D at Seafield Manse, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S2913] David James Slater, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "David James Slater, died 1930, May Sixteenth 1h 0m A.M. at 4 Seafield Terrace, Portknockie, Male, 11 years, Father: Joseph Slater Fisherman, Mother: Helen Slater M.S. Mair, Cause of death: Splenic Anaemia, Internal Haemorrhage, as cert. by Alex. T. Paterson M.B., Ch.B, Buckie, Informant: Joseph Slater, Father (Present), Registered: 1930, May 16th at Manse of Seafield, John Taulds Registrar."
- [S2687] David James Slater, Gravestone inscription data, "NM173789, David James Slater, c. 1919 to 16 MAY 1930. Date of Birth : c. 1919. Headstone Ref : H298. Date of Death : 16 MAY 1930."
- [S2685] Joseph Slater, Gravestone inscription data, "NM175020, Joseph Slater, c. 1883 to 03 JAN 1959. Date of Birth : c. 1883. Spouse's Name : Helen Mair. Headstone Ref : H298. Date of Death : 03 JAN 1959."