Mary Ann Mair
F, #3436, b. 7 February 1856, d. 1 July 1891
Mary Ann Mair|b. 7 Feb 1856\nd. 1 Jul 1891|p3436.htm|George Mair|b. 16 Sep 1817\nd. 15 May 1905|p1386.htm|Helen Bruce|d. 25 Apr 1908|p1994.htm|George Mair|b. 26 Jul 1786\nd. 16 Aug 1858|p1346.htm|Jean Watson|b. b 7 Jul 1786\nd. 13 Jul 1867|p1347.htm|George Bruce||p4409.htm||||
Mary Ann Mair was born on 7 February 1856 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 She was the daughter of George Mair and Helen Bruce. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Bobbin". She married David Wood at The Free Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 8 December 1882.4,2 As of 8 December 1882, her married name was Mary Ann Wood. Mary died on 1 July 1891 at 126 Seatown, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 35.5,2
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
- [S3028] Mary Ann Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Mary Ann Mair, 1856, February Seventh 1h 55m A.M. at Portknockie, District of Seafield, Female. Father: George Mair, Fisherman. Mother: Ellen Mair Maiden Name Bruce. Informant: George Mair, Father, Present. Registered: 1856, February 16 at Portknockie, Alexander Fraser, Registrar."
- [S773] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3323] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Mary Ann Mair, female. Birth: 07 FEB 1856 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: George Mair. Mother: Ellen Bruce."
- [S3034] David Wood to Mary Ann Mair, Marriage entry, "1882 on the Eighth day of December at The Free Church, Portknockie, Seafield, Rathven, After Banns according to the Forms of The Free Church of Scotland. David Wood, Fisherman (Bachelor), age 26, usual residence Portknockie, parents William Wood Fisherman and Helen Wood M.S. Imlach. Mary Ann Mair, Fisherman's Daughter (Spinster), age 25, usual residence Portknockie, parents George Mair Fisherman and Helen Mair M.S. Bruce. Peter Brown, F. Ch. Minister. James Mair Witness, William Wood Witness. Registered 1882 December 13th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S3035] Mary Ann Wood née Mair, Register of Deaths in the Burgh of Cullen in the County of Banff, "Mary Ann Wood, Married to David Wood, Cooper, died 1891, July First 6h 10m A.M. at 126, Seatown, Cullen, Female, 35 years. Father: George Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Hellen Mair M.S. Bruce. Cause of death: Apoplexy, 3 hours, As Cert. By S. Clark M.D., C.M. Informant: William Wood, Brother in law, 215 Portknockie. Registered: 1891, July 2nd at Cullen, Geo. Ross, Registrar."