JACKFIELDS. G.R. 876 505. app.
White's Directory 1834.
Ralph and James Clews, Jackfield colliery.
John Ward, (c.a. 1838), " Jackfields colliery owned by Ralph Clews and Co. A considerable amount of ironstone is calcined and forwarded to South Staffordshire."
Post Office Directory of 1850.
Ralph Clews coal and ironstone Master and maltster, Marsh House, (Newcastle.)
White's Directory 1851.
Ralph Clews, 7 King Street, Newcastle.
Slater's Directory 1851.
George Tunnicliffe Agent.
Mr. George Plant, Coalmaster, Jackfield Colliery, Burslem. Elected 1875.
Cat Ab Mine Plans 1929.
Coal, Rowhurst, New Mine, Bungilow, Winghay, Burnwood.
Ironstone, Little Mine.
Abandoned prior to March 1879.
One of the collieries supposedly drowned out when Williamson's Scotia and Pinnox collieries stopped pumping.
JUBILEE . G.R. 903 471. app.
Bucknall, the tip is at the bottom of Willat Street, Bucknall. Sunk in 1887 Queen Victoria's jubilee year. Drowned out over a weekend and closed sometime before 1900.
JAMAGE. ( See Audley section.)
JUBILEE. ( See Clanway.)
Back to list of Pit Names