COLLIERIES OF THE NORTH STAFFS COALFIELD (Y)
All National Grid references shown thus
YELD HILL - Peacock's Hay, just West of the NSR.
Emanuel Lovekin (circa 1889/90)
Messrs H H Williamson and Davenport of the Goldendale Ironworks were starting their colliery in the Lowlands called Yeld Hill Colliery.
Lovekin was engaged as Manager and was still working there in 1895 aged 75.
Cat. Ab. Mine Plans, 1929 -
Yeld Hill 3448
(a)Kidsgrove; Stoke-on-Trent (b) Ironstone; Red Shagg; Red Mine. Abandoned 26 Jul. 1890.
11NE 1925. C 8.9. D 8.9.10. E 9.10.
(a)Stoke-on-Trent (b) Ironstone: Red Mine; Red Shagg; Half Yards (1865).
Plans: C A Clarke, Tipton.
11NE 1925. C 8.9. D 8.9. E 8.9.
Yeld Hill No's 1,2, 7, 8, 9, 10
(a)Kidsgrove, Stoke-on-Trent (b) Coal and ironstone: Half Yards, red Mine (1870).
Plans: Engineer's Office, L.M.S.R. Crewe.
11NE 1925. C 8.9. D 8.9
1869 - Yeld Hill, Tunstall, Williamson Brothers.
1888 - Yeld Hill, Tunstall, Williamson Brothers.
1908 - Not recorded.