After nationalisation in 1947
were all that remained out of over 350 mines.
This map shows those 21of those Collieries
The 22nd Rookery at Bignal End survived due to World War 2 but was closed as soon as possible after Nationalisation Dec 1947 so is not included here (old pits Bignal Hill Rookery )
point the mouse on a red dot to reveal the name
and click on the dot to go to the Colliery
.....For a named list click here
.....and then on the Picture