THIS WEBSITE HAS MOVED PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED
Welcome to the Homepage of Saint John the Evangelist Forres, one of more than 300 congregations in the Scottish Episcopal Church.
St John's, located in the beautiful Moray Shire town of Forres, is in the Diocese of Moray Ross and Caithness, the most northerly of the seven Diocese that make up the Province of our Church.
St John's is a living, worshipping, community of Episcopalians. Our aim is to share the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, with one another, our community and beyond. The Eucharist is the focus of our life together and we warmly welcome you to join us at any of our services.
The church was designed in 1841 by Patrick Wilson but very soon afterwards
remodeled by Thomas Mackenzie in the Italian Style with its Rose
Window: three arch loggia at ground level and its impressive four story
Tuscan Campanile. Despite its deceiving appearance, it is one of the older
buildings of the Scottish Episcopal Church in Scotland.
The Church is open every day from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm and everyone is welcome to visit and spend time in this beautiful Church.
Contact InformationPriest The Very Reverend Clifford J Piper
Dean of Moray, Ross & Caithness
Telephone 01309 672856
Mobile 07895 105104
Postal address The Rectory Victoria Road Forres Moray IV36 3BN
Electronic mail Webmaster
Charity Number SC010346
Send mail to The Webmaster with
questions or comments about this web site.