Having used the previous top load for a little while and played with a few ideas in my head I decided on the design shown here on this page. Of course this still has to meet the same criteria.
ie. Anti Starlings.
I have followed a similar pattern as such I have used the same flexible former coil (The Donut) placed around a large plastic disc. On the top of the disc there is a capacity hat of copper wire. The coil measures about 100uH, the diagram & photo’s below will show the design in more detail.
By The Way........Any plastic material used is always tested in a microwave oven as a loss test, if the sample stays cold after 1 minute at full power then I can be reasonably sure it is not a lossy material at RF.